Monday, June 18, 2007

An Update, After Forever

Hey, everyone! Sorry I haven't kept my blog up to date. Much has been going on recently, including the end of the school year (the second-to-last day was filled with 5 finals, ouch), a photo shoot, and a week-long trip to Washington, D.C. and New York City.

I was up until 2:30 last night after about 6 hours on airplanes to get home, so I'm pretty tired with a cold to boot. Sad stuff.

Before I left for D.C., I made three hemp creations: two bracelets and an anklet.


The first bracelet was for my friend Veronica, whose birthday was in May. I made it using a kit. She liked it a lot, which made me feel good. Yay!






The second bracelet was made from another kit that Julie (my sister) gave me. I'd previously tried to make a necklace from the same kit, but it didn't turn out well. Fortunately, this bracelet did. That's my hand, if you were wondering.



Last but not least, my anklet. I couldn't go to sleep one night near the end of the school, so I stayed up another couple hours to do this. I'm very pleased with it, it's pretty!




I have a few other things in the works to make. The scarf for my friend Kelsie is on a hiatus at the moment due to the annoying fun fur. The project will probably be back in the works later this summer.

I started crocheting a new project, a stripey tote bag, a few hours ago. I've never made anything other than a scarf with crochet, and I've never been instructed on how to go about making a tote bag, but how can I possibly learn without trying? It's coming along really nicely right now.

I've also been considering graduating from hemp kits and taking a gander into the world of -- GASP -- designing my own. I've got all the materials I need, now if I just collect my confidence I'll give it a shot.

Now it's summertime and I have a lot of free time on my hands, so I'll be using it to make some "Waffle"-worthy work. More blog updates to come!

No comments: